Tuesday 15 April 2014

LEAH's Kitchen: Creamy Chicken Pasta

My hubby had a craving for a creamy pasta and so I started googling for recipes to whip up something delicious. And I found something simple and fast to cook... #creamychicken ! A creamy pasta is not something that I fancy though but the thought of making it was enough to make me salivate. Recalling that my cousin used to use Campbell soup in her creamy pasta, I make it a point to include that in my recipe as well.
 
Creamy Chicken Pasta (3-4 pax)
 
  
Ingredients:
1 x Onion (chopped)
1 x Garlic (chopped)
Chicken Breast (cooked, shredded)
Chicken stock
Broccoli
1 can of Campbell Cream of Mushroom
Linguine pasta (depends on your pasta choice)
Low fat milk
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Parsley flakes
Salt
Pepper
 
Instructions:
 1. Cook pasta according to packaging instruction until pasta is al dente. Drain water and place pasta in a serving plate.
2. In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in olive oil till the onion turns translucent.
3. Pour in the Campbell soup, milk and chicken stock. Regularly stir so that the sauce doesn't stick to the sides of the saucepan
4. Add in chicken and broccoli.
5. Stir until cook. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour the sauce over the pasta on serving plate.
7. Garnish with grated cheese and parsley flakes
 
My Healthy Rating:
Since the dish is high in carbo, I would rate the healthiness as 3/5.
To make it a healthy dish, try using a wholemeal pasta instead of the normal ones and use low fat milk.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment