Thursday 31 July 2014

LEAH's Kitchen: Fried Crabsticks

This was an impromptu idea. I came across this snack few months back in one of the FB group that I was following, and these crabsticks pictures were floating around during the CNY period. So when I was shopping for the honey cornflakes ingredients and saw the packets of Dodo crabsticks, I thought to myself "Hey, why not we have these for New Year?". Little did I know that making these #friedcrabsticks will suck out all our effort and perseverance.

Again, I use my helper (sweet hubby) to assist me with peeling those crabstick skin. Imagine, in each packet there are 12 sticks, cut into 2 pieces, multiply by 5 packets. We peeled 120 individual crabsticks into approx. 1cm flat pieces. Gawd!

Fried Crabsticks
 
Ingredients:
5 x packets of Dodo crabstick
Cooking Oil
Paper Towel
 
Instructions:
1. Cut all crabsticks into half.
2. Peel crabstick skin into approx. 1cm width and place it on a tray.
3. While at it, deep fry those skins which have already been air-dried till golden brown and crispy.
4. Place fried crabsticks on clean paper towel to absorb the oil.
5. Store in air-tight container after crabsticks have cooled down.
 
 
My Healthy Rating:
These crabsticks are made of flour, which technically means carbohydrate. Definitely not a healthy type of snack for those who are self-conscious.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment