Monday 25 August 2014

LEAH's Kitchen: Roti Kirai or Roti Jala

#rotikirai or #rotijala, both meant the same thing - "net bread". When I saw that my mom had cooked beef curry last Saturday, I had a sudden craving for roti kirai. I knew there will be much left from the curry gravy for Sunday and thus, I took this opportunity to make roti kirai for the whole family.

I remember those times when my mom curse and swear while making roti kirai because she failed terribly. LOL. I thought it's going to be quite a challenge since it's going to be my first try but surprisingly, it was pretty easy in the end :)

Roti Kirai (20-30 pieces)
 
Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups of flour
1/2 x teaspoon of ground turmeric ("serbuk kunyit")
2 x cups of water
2 x cups of coconut milk
1 x teaspoon of salt
2 x eggs
*1 cup = 240ml/ 240gm
 
Essential Equipment:
Blender
Big frying pan
Roti jala mould
Credits: kellysiewcooks
Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients and ensure smooth batter. Once the mixture is evenly mixed, blend the mixture to ensure even smoother batter (this is important to ensure that the batter flows out smoothly from the mould).
  2. Scoop mixture using the mould and see if the batter flows out smoothly.
  3. Heat frying pan and brush oil on it. Use roti kirai mould to scoop mixture and start pouring the mixture onto frying pan into circular motion (don't need to pour so much!)
  4. Cook about 20-30 seconds (lightly crisp) and start folding the roti kirai into half, and half again to make a triangle.
  5. Serve with curry or sambal.
 
My Healthy Rating:
Not applicable. Haha, this is too yummy to think about calories :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment